Since, for most of us, the value of our house, represents our single – biggest, financial asset, as well as being, an essential, significant component, of the so – called, American Dream, doesn’t it make sense, to take the time, and make the effort, to consider, thoroughly, what. which features, are most important to you, and why? In other words, what FEATURES do you believe, you might like/ enjoy, in your home? With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why, it matters, to whether you will fully, truly, enjoy your residence.
1. Furniture; future: Are you expecting to, use your existing furniture, in your new home? Will this furniture, and fixtures, fit nicely, into these rooms? How important, and meaningful, are these, and, do, keeping them, become a non – starter? How might your future needs, be addressed, in a potential house? Examine your priorities, and proceed, with your, eyes – wide – open!
2. Energy – related: With the ever – increasing costs, and expenses, related to energy issues, it makes sense, to examine, existing heating, air – conditioning, etc, systems, in terms of performance, efficiency, effectiveness, and expense. How important is having an environmentally, friendly, green – home, to you?
3. Area: Will the location, and specific area, of the potential purchase, be somewhere, which aligns with your needs, and priorities, in terms of commuting, transportation, safety, conveniences, shopping, entertainment, etc?
4. Trends; taxes: Don’t forget to consider, the real estate taxes, and factor, these, into, your total monthly housing budget! Examine the past tendencies, and anticipate future, additional costs? Do the features of this house, take advantage of those trends, which matter, most, to you?
5. Useful; usual/ unusual; unique: Consider, both, your usual needs, as well as, unusual necessities! Which features may be most useful, and why? Are they important, or deal – breakers? Do you, and your family, have any unique needs, goals, priorities, and perceptions?
6. Region; rewarding: What features, does the specific, geographic region, offer, which may be most appealing to you? How will you make living there, most rewarding, to you, and your family?
7. Excellence: While no house, has everything you hope for, or dream about, be certain, especially, in those areas, most important to you, the emphasis is on excellence, instead of, merely, good – enough!
8. Systems; sustainable; solutions: Fully examine all systems, and have a professional, home inspector/ engineer, evaluate it, for you, to ensure, the bones of the house, are strong! Consider proceeding with well – considered, sustainable solutions, and reality, so you will enjoy your home, in the short, as well as longer – term!
The more you know, and consider the FEATURES, the better chance, of making the best decisions! Be a wise, home – buyer!