Since, for most of us, the value of our house, is our single – biggest, financial asset, doesn’t it make sense, for potential, home buyers, to proceed, wisely, with a knowledge, and understanding, of those things, which are most essential, needed, relevant, and a true priority? An educated, prepared, home buyer, becomes the happiest, potential, new homeowner! Those, ready, willing, and able, to proceed, with, an understanding of what, is involved, generally, make the wisest, possible decisions, and proceed, in the finest, most relevant manner! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 things, truly, wise home buyers, should, and need, to know.
1. Know your needs: What do you need, in your home, and why do you believe, these are needed, and necessary? Are you, considering these, and your priorities, and what might make you happiest, or, merely, proceeding, in a strictly, emotional way? Consider your personal finances, both, at present, and into, the foreseeable future, your personal comfort zone, and whether, these will make you, as satisfied, and happy, as possible!
2. Know your wants/ wishes: Break down, your considerations, between what you must have, and what you might want, or wish for! How important are these, second category, items, and will, they make a significant difference, to you, in terms of whether, a specific house, meets, and/ or, exceeds your needs and expectations!
3. Know what you can afford: Review your present finances, comfort zone, and items, such as job security, and economic security, etc. Avoid making this decision, become a money – trap! Have you put aside, funds, for future contingencies, including reserves for repairs, renovations, upgrades, and potential periods of income interruptions? How comfortable are you, with the financial realities, of home ownership?
4. Know what you’re looking for: What are you looking for, and why? Does the area, region, neighborhood, safety considerations, and access to transportation and conveniences, meet, and exceed, your needs and expectations? What are your criteria, and why?
5. Know your priorities/ foreseeable future: What are your priorities, and are they, in your best interests? How will you know, if you are acting wisely, etc? Are you secure, in financial terms, both, at present, and into the foreseeable future? Will you be prepared, for life’s stresses, and challenges, and expand the limitations of your personal comfort zone, so home buying, becomes a glorious challenge, and event, instead of stressful, etc?
Are you a wise home buyer? Are you prepared, and ready for the joys, challenges, etc, involved? The more you know, the happier, you’ll be!